Celebrating 10 solid years!
On Friday June 24th, River Valley Community Bank will be celebrating its 10th anniversary. It’s hard to believe 10 years has passed so quickly. From our start-up 10 years ago where our business plan was an untested concept, our Bank has grown to achieve the following noteworthy accomplishments:
· Total Assets have grown to exceed $246 million
· Our deposit market share in our Yuba Sutter market has grown from 0% to 10% (As of 6/30/15 based on the FDIC’s most recent annual Summary of Deposits market share report). We certainly appreciate the way our community has responded to the brand of banking we offer.
· We opened a second branch serving the Grass Valley area in the summer of 2013. Serving this adjacent market is proving to be a great fit for our Bank and it has been a pleasure getting to know our customers and prospects there. Our efforts have been rewarding too as our GV operation has grown to the point where it has achieved profitability for the full year 2015 – results that should increase as we continue to grow our presence there.
· Since our inception, our stock price has increased by nearly 65% - during some challenging economic times. This result does not include the total of $1.1 million we have returned to our shareholders in the form of two special dividends (paid in 2012 and 2014).
· We have a great Banking team who has made it all happen and deliver the banking experience our customers appreciate. In fact, along with our Bank’s Anniversary, we have four employees who are celebrating 10 years with the Bank – Doug Marr, Surena Tumber, Brant Meyer and Vicki Ringlbauer are all “founding” employees and are celebrating their 10 year anniversaries. Please be sure to congratulate them on their personal milestones!
· Also, after 10 years as Chairman of the Board, Gary Thiara decided it was time to “pass the baton” and step down from that capacity; given this, the Board subsequently elected founding Director Steve Danna as Gary’s successor. We offer a big “hat-tip” to Gary for his leadership and contributions as Chairman over our first 10 years and he will remain an active member of our Bank’s Board going forward. We also look forward to Steve’s continued support and leadership as he assumes the role of Chairman of our Board of Directors.
While 10 years goes fast, it’s clear a lot of solid milestones have been achieved by our Bank – during a challenging economic period. As we look forward over the next 10 years, there is reason for continued optimism for our Bank. We continue to believe that cost cutting, increased fee structures and reduced service levels offered by the big banks can create growth opportunities for well positioned community banks like RVCB. We also believe that while the recovery from the Great Recession has been prolonged given the severity, at some point, interest rate cycles will normalize and our Bank and our industry can see our compressing margins trends give way to expansion – driving increased profitability and enhanced shareholder value.
As always, thank you for your continued support of our Bank!